On this site you can buy:
The Rome Pro(G)ject II – Of Fate And Glory
The Rome Pro(G)ject are back!
Three and ½ years after the huge success of their eponymus debut album, “The Rome Pro(G)ject”, Steve Hackett on guitars (Genesis/Gtr/Solo), David Jackson on winds (VDGG), Billy Sherwood on bass (Yes/Circa/Solo) and Vincenzo Ricca (keyboards), teamed up with a bunch of fantastic musicians, are about to release their second album, “II – Of Fate and Glory”.
66 minutes of instrumental progressive rock in 10 tracks plus a bonus one.
As per its title, this is a (musical) story “of fate and glory” about ancient Rome, from its beginning dated 753 b.C., up to its maximum territorial expansion, reached in 117 a.C., after 870 years of continuous conquests of the then known world.
Not coincidentally, the cd album will be released on April 21st., on the day of the 2769th anniversary of Rome’s foundation.
“OF FATE AND GLORY”
Label: TRP – Cat. nr. CDALB02
“The Rome Pro(G)ject II” are: Vincenzo RICCA keyboards, Steve HACKETT electric and classical guitars, David JACKSON saxophones and flutes, Billy SHERWOOD bass, drums and electric guitar with Mauro MONTOBBIO and Luca GROSSO of NARROW PASS, Riccardo ROMANO and Daniele POMO of RANESTRANE, LORENZO FELICIATI, Franck CARDUCCI, Giorgio CLEMENTELLI, Paolo RICCA, Special guest appearance by Joanna “Jo” LEHMANN HACKETT (guiding voice on “Of Fate and Glory”).
1) OF FATE AND GLORY (V.Ricca / S.Hackett / J.Lehmann) 3’:53”
2) THE WOLF AND THE TWINS (V.Ricca / W.Sherwood) 3’:38”
3) THE SEVEN KINGS (V.Ricca) 4’:55”
4) SEVEN HILLS AND A RIVER (V.Ricca) 13’:12”
5) FORUM MAGNUM (V.Ricca / D. Jackson) 8’:05”
6) S.P.Q.R. (V.Ricca / S.Hackett) 6’:00
7) OVID’S ARS AMATORIA (V.Ricca / D.Jackson) 6’:53”
8) AUGUSTUS (primus inter pares) (V.Ricca / D.Jackson) 6:19”
9) HADRIANEUM (V.Ricca / P.Ricca) 3’:35”
10) THE CONQUEST OF THE WORLD (V.Ricca / W.Sherwood) 4’:48”
11) THE PANTHEON’S DOME (V.Ricca / S.Hackett / M.Montobbio) 4’:30”
The Rome Pro(G)ject
A Musical Walk Through The History & The Places, The Greatness & The Beauty Of The Eternal City
An instrumental prog music oriented concept album with 10 unreleased tracks written and/or performed by artists such as ( in alphabetical order) David Cross (King Crimson), Francesco Di Giacomo (Banco), John Hackett,Steve Hackett (Genesis, Gtr, SH Electric Band),David Jackson (VDGG), Nick Magnus, Richard Sinclair (Caravan, Hatfield and the North, Camel), …and MORE!!!
Conceived and Produced by Vincenzo Ricca.
Released December 7th, 2012.
- Prologue (Francesco Di Giacomo)
- …April 21st 753 b. C. (Francesco Di Giacomo)
- Over 2.000 Fountains (David Cross)
- In and Around The Colosseum (Narrow Pass)
- Monuments And Statues Everywhere (Nick Magnus, John Hackett)
- Down To The Domus Aurea (Steve Hackett)
- Caracalla’s Dream (Richard Sinclair)
- A Mankind Heritage (David Jackson)
- Towards the Future… (John Hackett)
bonus track – The Mouth of Truth (Steve Hackett).
Story by Mario Giammetti
Concept, research, documentation, organization, production: Vincenzo Ricca.
Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.
Released by TRP – 2012
The Rome Pro(G)ject featuring Steve Hackett & John Hackett
Cat. nr. trpcdsng1
500 copies limited edition cd single to be released on the 6th of October 2012
containing 2 unreleased tracks co-written with Steve Hackett and John Hackett.
Both tracks coming in a different version to the definitive
featured on the forthcoming cd album “The Rome Pro(G)ject”!
The Rome Pro(G)ject official promo trailers on YouTube